Here are the latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates. This week it includes Measuring Model Goodness, a free ebook, AI discovery days, and more AI goodness.
- Measuring Model Goodness – Part 2 – Measurability is an important aspect of the Team Data Science Process (TDSP) as it quantifies how good the machine learning model is for the business and helps gain acceptance from the key stakeholders. In part 1 of this series, we defined a template for …[Read More]
- (RDS) Tip of the Day: Free eBook – The Developer’s Guide to Microsoft Azure eBook – August update is now available – This book includes all the updates from Microsoft Build, along with new services and features announced since … You’ll also see brand new sections on IoT, DevOps and AI/ML that you can take advantage of today.[Read More]
- AI Discovery Days at a Microsoft Location Near You – Join us to learn how to start building intelligence into your solutions with the Microsoft AI platform, including pre-trained AI services like Cognitive Services and Bot Framework, as well as deep learning tools like Azure Machine Learning.[Read More]
- Current use cases for machine learning in retail and consumer goods – Retail and consumer goods companies are seeing the applicability of machine learning (ML … Customers can build artificial intelligence (AI) applications that intelligently process and act on data, often in near real time. This helps organizations …[Read More]
- Describe, diagnose, and predict with IoT Analytics – … in IoT Analytics Machine learning (ML) is playing an increasingly important role in IoT analytics. One could argue that the recent emergence of real-world applications of ML in manufacturing is thanks to the explosion of data, most of which we can …[Read More]
- See How AI is Inspiring the Next Generation of Developers – One other thing most all the winning teams had in common – they used AI as a core part of their solutions. Recent developments have accelerated the application of machine learning technologies … cloud where the Cognitive Services Custom Vision model …[Read More]
- Where is the market opportunity for developers of IoT solutions? – GUI IDEs and data modelers. IoT-specific APIs. Device connectors and protocol adapters. Application security and management services. Note that most IoT … or historical. Pre-built AI/ML models for predictive maintenance, inventory optimization, energy …[Read More]
- Microsoft Translator adds Telugu as a supported language – Microsoft Translator is excited to announce the launch of Telugu, our latest AI-powered text translation language … education, financial services, government services, and many more.[Read More]
The University of California at Berkeley is offering its very popular undergraduate data science course, Foundations of Data Science: Computational Thinking with Python, online via EdX. The course can be taken for free and it starts Monday April, 2 , 2018.
This course is actually part of a larger certificate program, Foundations of Data Science. You must pay to receive the certificate.
Once again, The Data Incubator is hosting a free monthly webinar. In April, the event features, Matei Zaharia, Ph.D. Matei is the creator of Spark, Co-founder of DataBricks, and an Assistant Professor at Stanford. Join the webinar to learn about Matei’s latest project, Stanford DAWN.
The webinar is:
Tue, April 3, 2018 at 5:30 PM EDT
Kaggle, the online data science competition platform, will be hosting a free online conference for people interested in landing their first data science job.
Kaggle CareerCon 2018 on March 20, 2018. There are a bunch of great speakers lined up, and all the talks are focused on preparing someone to get a data science job (resume tips, interview questions, portfolio examples, …).
Pablo Casas has published a book freely available online, Data Science Live Book. To quote from the book,
It is a book about data preparation, data analysis and machine learning.
The book is open source, and the code examples are written in R.
Data Science Society is organizing the first ONLINE #Datathon2018 – a 48-hours challenge for all people passionate about data, willing to experiment with new types of data, and expand their network of connections in the field globally.
The Online #Datathon2018
The Datathon is one of the initiatives of Data Science Society, happening for the third time, this time fully digital!
The participants will have the chance to work on real- world cases of top companies such as Telenor, Receipt Bank, Ontotext, Kaufland, VMWare, ZenCodeo, and А Data Pro, while working and communicating on an internal platform, supported by the services of the best cloud providers – IBM, Microsoft and Amazon.
NLP,Computer Vision and AI
At the #Datathon2018 are expected many data passionates coming from a variety of backgrounds and interests. Academics and practitioners will have the chance to bring their knowledge in action in three categories of cases – NLP, Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision. Go out of the theory and see the data from a different perspective while collaborating in a team of like-minded people and learning to deal with unexpected issues regarding the real-world data.
All data scientists, mathematicians, data analytics experts, software engineers and data enthusiasts will have the chance to dive deep in the data and be mentored by internationally renowned experts.
The #Datathon2018 is happening between 9th and 11th of February and the registration is open
Join the Challenge now!
Google has recently released a Jupyter Notebook platform called Google Colaboratory. You can run Python code in a browser, share results, and save your code for later. It currently does not support R code.