Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction by Rich Sutton and Andrew Barto was recently released on October 15, 2018. The authors were kind enough to put a late draft version of the book online as a PDF. If you are hoping to learn about Reinforcement Learning, this is a great place to start.
Full text is available on a Google Drive at Reinforcement Learning. Take a look.
Good Luck and Happy Learning.
This month, The Data Incubator is hosting another free webinar on data science. This time it features an interview with Jake Porway, founder of DataKind. Jake and DataKind are doing amazing things, so I hope you can check out the webinar.
Below are the webinar details:
Data Science in 30 Minutes: Using Data Science in the Service of Humanity
Abstract: With his non-profit, DataKind, Jake Porway connects data scientists with social causes. Picture Doctors Without Borders for data nerds—with machine learning and AI engineers parachuting in to help the UN with humanitarian tasks, like tracking virus outbreaks using mobile data. “Data is like a bucket of crude oil,” Porway says. “Potentially great, but only if someone knows how to refine it (data scientists) and someone else has vehicles that will run on it (the social sector).” In this talk, Porway discusses the strategies of DataKind, its projects and the future of big data to service humanity.
The free online webinar is:
Thu, November 15, 2018 @ 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM EST
You can register at Data Science in 30 minutes.
Here are the latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates. This week it includes Measuring Model Goodness, a free ebook, AI discovery days, and more AI goodness.
- Measuring Model Goodness – Part 2 – Measurability is an important aspect of the Team Data Science Process (TDSP) as it quantifies how good the machine learning model is for the business and helps gain acceptance from the key stakeholders. In part 1 of this series, we defined a template for …[Read More]
- (RDS) Tip of the Day: Free eBook – The Developer’s Guide to Microsoft Azure eBook – August update is now available – This book includes all the updates from Microsoft Build, along with new services and features announced since … You’ll also see brand new sections on IoT, DevOps and AI/ML that you can take advantage of today.[Read More]
- AI Discovery Days at a Microsoft Location Near You – Join us to learn how to start building intelligence into your solutions with the Microsoft AI platform, including pre-trained AI services like Cognitive Services and Bot Framework, as well as deep learning tools like Azure Machine Learning.[Read More]
- Current use cases for machine learning in retail and consumer goods – Retail and consumer goods companies are seeing the applicability of machine learning (ML … Customers can build artificial intelligence (AI) applications that intelligently process and act on data, often in near real time. This helps organizations …[Read More]
- Describe, diagnose, and predict with IoT Analytics – … in IoT Analytics Machine learning (ML) is playing an increasingly important role in IoT analytics. One could argue that the recent emergence of real-world applications of ML in manufacturing is thanks to the explosion of data, most of which we can …[Read More]
- See How AI is Inspiring the Next Generation of Developers – One other thing most all the winning teams had in common – they used AI as a core part of their solutions. Recent developments have accelerated the application of machine learning technologies … cloud where the Cognitive Services Custom Vision model …[Read More]
- Where is the market opportunity for developers of IoT solutions? – GUI IDEs and data modelers. IoT-specific APIs. Device connectors and protocol adapters. Application security and management services. Note that most IoT … or historical. Pre-built AI/ML models for predictive maintenance, inventory optimization, energy …[Read More]
- Microsoft Translator adds Telugu as a supported language – Microsoft Translator is excited to announce the launch of Telugu, our latest AI-powered text translation language … education, financial services, government services, and many more.[Read More]
The University of California at Berkeley is offering its very popular undergraduate data science course, Foundations of Data Science: Computational Thinking with Python, online via EdX. The course can be taken for free and it starts Monday April, 2 , 2018.
This course is actually part of a larger certificate program, Foundations of Data Science. You must pay to receive the certificate.
Once again, The Data Incubator is hosting a free monthly webinar. In April, the event features, Matei Zaharia, Ph.D. Matei is the creator of Spark, Co-founder of DataBricks, and an Assistant Professor at Stanford. Join the webinar to learn about Matei’s latest project, Stanford DAWN.
The webinar is:
Tue, April 3, 2018 at 5:30 PM EDT
Kaggle, the online data science competition platform, will be hosting a free online conference for people interested in landing their first data science job.
Kaggle CareerCon 2018 on March 20, 2018. There are a bunch of great speakers lined up, and all the talks are focused on preparing someone to get a data science job (resume tips, interview questions, portfolio examples, …).
Pablo Casas has published a book freely available online, Data Science Live Book. To quote from the book,
It is a book about data preparation, data analysis and machine learning.
The book is open source, and the code examples are written in R.