Machine Learning for Kids is a site for children and teachers to explore machine learning with the Scratch Programming language. It includes numerous lessons and tutorials for building fun programs which incorporate machine learning.
Read to the end to learn more about a new study group I will be launching.
In Late January 2019, Microsoft launched 3 new certifications aimed at Data Scientists/Engineers. For a while, Microsoft has been toying with different methods for training and credentials. They launched the Microsoft Professional Program in Data Science back in 2017. While it provides great content, it did not result in either a college diploma or an official Microsoft certification. Now Microsoft is in the process of restructing certifications to be more role-focused. Here are details about the 3 certification of interest to data scientists and data engineers.
1. Azure Data Scientist Associate
For more details and to register, go to the Azure Data Scientist Associate page.
2. Azure AI Engineer Associate
For more details and to register, go to the Azure AI Engineer Associate page.
3. Azure Data Engineer Associate
For more details and to register, go to the AzureData Engineer Associate page.
As of March 2019, the exams are in beta phase and the details of what is on the exams are very sparse and vague.
New Study Group
Are you interested in taking one or all of the exams? I am organizing a study group/community. Sign up to get the latest details from Microsoft Data Science Certification Study Group.
Full Disclosure: I am not a Microsoft Employee, and this group is not sponsored or endorsed by Microsoft. I am just excited about the certifications and hoping to help others (and myself) prepare.
University can be a great way to learn data science. However, many universities are very expensive, difficult to get admitted, or not geographically feasible. Luckily, a few of them are willing to share data science, machine learning and deep learning materials online for everyone. Here is just I small list I have come across lately.
- MIT Deep Learning – Lecture notes, slides and guest talks about deep learning and self driving cars
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence from UC Berkeley – lecture notes, slides, homework from the Fall 2018 course
- Deep Learning Course from University of Paris-Saclay – lecture notes and Python code
- Stanford Machine Learning – cheatsheets from Stanford’s CS 229 machine learning course, translated in multiple languages
Do you have any favorite university resources? If so, please leave a comment.
Christopher Bishop, a Technical Fellow at Microsoft Research, has released his textbook Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning as a free PDF download.
The book is a bit older, published in 2006, but it stills contains some great information. Some of the topics covered include:
- Probability Distributions
- Neural Networks
- Ensemble Models
- K-Means Clustering
- and many more….
Here are the latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates. This week it includes Measuring Model Goodness, a free ebook, AI discovery days, and more AI goodness.
- Measuring Model Goodness – Part 2 – Measurability is an important aspect of the Team Data Science Process (TDSP) as it quantifies how good the machine learning model is for the business and helps gain acceptance from the key stakeholders. In part 1 of this series, we defined a template for …[Read More]
- (RDS) Tip of the Day: Free eBook – The Developer’s Guide to Microsoft Azure eBook – August update is now available – This book includes all the updates from Microsoft Build, along with new services and features announced since … You’ll also see brand new sections on IoT, DevOps and AI/ML that you can take advantage of today.[Read More]
- AI Discovery Days at a Microsoft Location Near You – Join us to learn how to start building intelligence into your solutions with the Microsoft AI platform, including pre-trained AI services like Cognitive Services and Bot Framework, as well as deep learning tools like Azure Machine Learning.[Read More]
- Current use cases for machine learning in retail and consumer goods – Retail and consumer goods companies are seeing the applicability of machine learning (ML … Customers can build artificial intelligence (AI) applications that intelligently process and act on data, often in near real time. This helps organizations …[Read More]
- Describe, diagnose, and predict with IoT Analytics – … in IoT Analytics Machine learning (ML) is playing an increasingly important role in IoT analytics. One could argue that the recent emergence of real-world applications of ML in manufacturing is thanks to the explosion of data, most of which we can …[Read More]
- See How AI is Inspiring the Next Generation of Developers – One other thing most all the winning teams had in common – they used AI as a core part of their solutions. Recent developments have accelerated the application of machine learning technologies … cloud where the Cognitive Services Custom Vision model …[Read More]
- Where is the market opportunity for developers of IoT solutions? – GUI IDEs and data modelers. IoT-specific APIs. Device connectors and protocol adapters. Application security and management services. Note that most IoT … or historical. Pre-built AI/ML models for predictive maintenance, inventory optimization, energy …[Read More]
- Microsoft Translator adds Telugu as a supported language – Microsoft Translator is excited to announce the launch of Telugu, our latest AI-powered text translation language … education, financial services, government services, and many more.[Read More]
Here are the latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates. Find the latest on AI, Azure Functions, IoT and more.
- Azure IoT Toolkit supports C#, Go, Java, Node.js, PHP, Python and Ruby to develop Azure IoT application in VS Code – With the latest release of Azure IoT Toolkit, lots of popular languages are supported to quickly create an Azure IoT application in VS Code: C#, Go, Java, Node.js, PHP, Python and Ruby! (Note: For C#, Java, Node.js and Python, it is based on Azure IoT Hub …[Read More]
- Two seconds to take a bite out of mobile bank fraud with Artificial Intelligence – Artificial Intelligence (AI) models have the potential to dramatically … Feature engineering to create customer and account profiles. Azure Machine Learning to create a fraud classification model. Azure PaaS services for real-time event processing …[Read More]
- Turn Whiteboard UX Sketches into Working HTML in Seconds – Introducing Sketch2Code – Introducing Sketch2Code – a web based solution that uses AI to transform a picture of a hand-drawn user … that coordinates the generation process by interacting with all the services. Azure Website: The user interface front-end that enables uploading …[Read More]
- Monitoring environmental conditions near underwater datacenters using Deep Learning – Because Project Natick operates like a standard land datacenter, the computers inside can be used for machine learning … use AI to accelerate digital transformation. An AOA enables organizations to map a business solution to the set of AI tools, services …[Read More]
- Bot Framework v4 with Luis – The Cognitive Services Language Understanding Intelligence Services (Luis … Luis uses a thing called a ‘Resolution’ to provide additional data with these kinds of complex entities so that you can resolve the actual values from the words the user said.[Read More]
- Peninsula Grammar amplifies learning impact by applying technology to evidence-backed pedagogy – Good practice trumps everything else – the science … in their learning from the way I was teaching them not the way I was using technology. But mix evidence-based pedagogy with technology then, wow – then it’s amplified. I collect data about …[Read More]
- Accelerating Artificial Intelligence (AI) in healthcare using Microsoft Azure blueprints – To be successful in using AI, healthcare needs solutions … Blueprints include resources such as example code, test data, security, and compliance support. These are packages that include reference architectures, guidance, how-to guides and other …[Read More]
- Extracting actionable insights from IoT data to drive more efficient manufacturing – What are the things we typically want to do with IoT data (once we collect it and store it)? In order of sophistication: With end actions ranging from sending a simple command to a machine, to tweaking operational parameters, to performing an action on …[Read More]
- Smart Solutions 7: Predictive analysis with Time Series, and intro to R for C/AL developers – Time Series is a topic on its own in machine learning, as it is one of the cleanest … Hopefully this post shows a simple way to get your Dynamics NAV data into another world: The world of Data Science. By bringing it over here you open up for an enormous …[Read More]
The latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates.
- Build Intelligent Web App with Machine Learning Service – In an earlier article: How to operationalize TensorFlow models in Microsoft Machine Learning Server, we showed how you can deploy a TensorFlow image classification model pre-trained using ImageNet as service in Machine Learning Server, and download a …[Read More]
- Measuring Model Goodness – Part 1 – Data and AI are transforming businesses worldwide from finance … actionable insights. This is where data science and machine learning come in. This entire process has been documented as the Team Data Science Process (TDSP) at Microsoft, captured in …[Read More]
- Driving industry transformation with Azure – Getting started – Edition 1 – Banking customers want more from their services … using AI and machine learning to detect patient risk and identify disease faster while maintaining privacy and protecting against fraud. IoT in manufacturing isn’t just about collecting data.[Read More]
- Speech Services August 2018 update – We are pleased to announce the release of another update to the Cognitive Services Speech SDK (version 0.6.0 … dev kits to significantly improve the audio quality of the audio data collected via the dev kits’ microphones, for high speech recognition …[Read More]
- Introducing yet another approach for iot compiler toolchains – iotz – iotz is an extension based containerized wrapper for other IoT compiler toolchains. There are many toolchains with specific needs and way of using. We developed this experimental tool to make compiling things easier. – cross compiling tools are mostly …[Read More]
- Design against crime & Microsoft Azure with Shiny – It is this app we will later learn how to deploy a shiny app onto Microsoft Azure services … including a review of data available via police.uk. We engaged with UCL to find a student from the Security and Crime Science course who could help us to …[Read More]
- Simplifying big data analytics architecture – manufacturing, retail education, nonprofit, government, healthcare, media, banking, telecommunication, insurance, and many more industries ranging in use cases from ETL to Data Warehousing, from Machine Learning to IoT, and more.[Read More]