Occasionally a product in Microsoft Azure will go down. Luckily, Azure has a status page to tell you which servers and services are down. Here is a quick video to help you find that status page.
Machine Learning for Kids is a site for children and teachers to explore machine learning with the Scratch Programming language. It includes numerous lessons and tutorials for building fun programs which incorporate machine learning.
Read to the end to learn more about a new study group I will be launching.
In Late January 2019, Microsoft launched 3 new certifications aimed at Data Scientists/Engineers. For a while, Microsoft has been toying with different methods for training and credentials. They launched the Microsoft Professional Program in Data Science back in 2017. While it provides great content, it did not result in either a college diploma or an official Microsoft certification. Now Microsoft is in the process of restructing certifications to be more role-focused. Here are details about the 3 certification of interest to data scientists and data engineers.
1. Azure Data Scientist Associate
For more details and to register, go to the Azure Data Scientist Associate page.
2. Azure AI Engineer Associate
For more details and to register, go to the Azure AI Engineer Associate page.
3. Azure Data Engineer Associate
For more details and to register, go to the AzureData Engineer Associate page.
As of March 2019, the exams are in beta phase and the details of what is on the exams are very sparse and vague.
New Study Group
Are you interested in taking one or all of the exams? I am organizing a study group/community. Sign up to get the latest details from Microsoft Data Science Certification Study Group.
Full Disclosure: I am not a Microsoft Employee, and this group is not sponsored or endorsed by Microsoft. I am just excited about the certifications and hoping to help others (and myself) prepare.
University can be a great way to learn data science. However, many universities are very expensive, difficult to get admitted, or not geographically feasible. Luckily, a few of them are willing to share data science, machine learning and deep learning materials online for everyone. Here is just I small list I have come across lately.
- MIT Deep Learning – Lecture notes, slides and guest talks about deep learning and self driving cars
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence from UC Berkeley – lecture notes, slides, homework from the Fall 2018 course
- Deep Learning Course from University of Paris-Saclay – lecture notes and Python code
- Stanford Machine Learning – cheatsheets from Stanford’s CS 229 machine learning course, translated in multiple languages
Do you have any favorite university resources? If so, please leave a comment.
Christopher Bishop, a Technical Fellow at Microsoft Research, has released his textbook Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning as a free PDF download.
The book is a bit older, published in 2006, but it stills contains some great information. Some of the topics covered include:
- Probability Distributions
- Neural Networks
- Ensemble Models
- K-Means Clustering
- and many more….
Here are the latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates. This week it includes Measuring Model Goodness, a free ebook, AI discovery days, and more AI goodness.
- Measuring Model Goodness – Part 2 – Measurability is an important aspect of the Team Data Science Process (TDSP) as it quantifies how good the machine learning model is for the business and helps gain acceptance from the key stakeholders. In part 1 of this series, we defined a template for …[Read More]
- (RDS) Tip of the Day: Free eBook – The Developer’s Guide to Microsoft Azure eBook – August update is now available – This book includes all the updates from Microsoft Build, along with new services and features announced since … You’ll also see brand new sections on IoT, DevOps and AI/ML that you can take advantage of today.[Read More]
- AI Discovery Days at a Microsoft Location Near You – Join us to learn how to start building intelligence into your solutions with the Microsoft AI platform, including pre-trained AI services like Cognitive Services and Bot Framework, as well as deep learning tools like Azure Machine Learning.[Read More]
- Current use cases for machine learning in retail and consumer goods – Retail and consumer goods companies are seeing the applicability of machine learning (ML … Customers can build artificial intelligence (AI) applications that intelligently process and act on data, often in near real time. This helps organizations …[Read More]
- Describe, diagnose, and predict with IoT Analytics – … in IoT Analytics Machine learning (ML) is playing an increasingly important role in IoT analytics. One could argue that the recent emergence of real-world applications of ML in manufacturing is thanks to the explosion of data, most of which we can …[Read More]
- See How AI is Inspiring the Next Generation of Developers – One other thing most all the winning teams had in common – they used AI as a core part of their solutions. Recent developments have accelerated the application of machine learning technologies … cloud where the Cognitive Services Custom Vision model …[Read More]
- Where is the market opportunity for developers of IoT solutions? – GUI IDEs and data modelers. IoT-specific APIs. Device connectors and protocol adapters. Application security and management services. Note that most IoT … or historical. Pre-built AI/ML models for predictive maintenance, inventory optimization, energy …[Read More]
- Microsoft Translator adds Telugu as a supported language – Microsoft Translator is excited to announce the launch of Telugu, our latest AI-powered text translation language … education, financial services, government services, and many more.[Read More]