Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction by Rich Sutton and Andrew Barto was recently released on October 15, 2018. The authors were kind enough to put a late draft version of the book online as a PDF. If you are hoping to learn about Reinforcement Learning, this is a great place to start.
Full text is available on a Google Drive at Reinforcement Learning. Take a look.
Good Luck and Happy Learning.
This month, The Data Incubator is hosting another free webinar on data science. This time it features an interview with Jake Porway, founder of DataKind. Jake and DataKind are doing amazing things, so I hope you can check out the webinar.
Below are the webinar details:
Data Science in 30 Minutes: Using Data Science in the Service of Humanity
Abstract: With his non-profit, DataKind, Jake Porway connects data scientists with social causes. Picture Doctors Without Borders for data nerds—with machine learning and AI engineers parachuting in to help the UN with humanitarian tasks, like tracking virus outbreaks using mobile data. “Data is like a bucket of crude oil,” Porway says. “Potentially great, but only if someone knows how to refine it (data scientists) and someone else has vehicles that will run on it (the social sector).” In this talk, Porway discusses the strategies of DataKind, its projects and the future of big data to service humanity.
The free online webinar is:
Thu, November 15, 2018 @ 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM EST
You can register at Data Science in 30 minutes.
Here are the latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates. This week it includes Measuring Model Goodness, a free ebook, AI discovery days, and more AI goodness.
- Measuring Model Goodness – Part 2 – Measurability is an important aspect of the Team Data Science Process (TDSP) as it quantifies how good the machine learning model is for the business and helps gain acceptance from the key stakeholders. In part 1 of this series, we defined a template for …[Read More]
- (RDS) Tip of the Day: Free eBook – The Developer’s Guide to Microsoft Azure eBook – August update is now available – This book includes all the updates from Microsoft Build, along with new services and features announced since … You’ll also see brand new sections on IoT, DevOps and AI/ML that you can take advantage of today.[Read More]
- AI Discovery Days at a Microsoft Location Near You – Join us to learn how to start building intelligence into your solutions with the Microsoft AI platform, including pre-trained AI services like Cognitive Services and Bot Framework, as well as deep learning tools like Azure Machine Learning.[Read More]
- Current use cases for machine learning in retail and consumer goods – Retail and consumer goods companies are seeing the applicability of machine learning (ML … Customers can build artificial intelligence (AI) applications that intelligently process and act on data, often in near real time. This helps organizations …[Read More]
- Describe, diagnose, and predict with IoT Analytics – … in IoT Analytics Machine learning (ML) is playing an increasingly important role in IoT analytics. One could argue that the recent emergence of real-world applications of ML in manufacturing is thanks to the explosion of data, most of which we can …[Read More]
- See How AI is Inspiring the Next Generation of Developers – One other thing most all the winning teams had in common – they used AI as a core part of their solutions. Recent developments have accelerated the application of machine learning technologies … cloud where the Cognitive Services Custom Vision model …[Read More]
- Where is the market opportunity for developers of IoT solutions? – GUI IDEs and data modelers. IoT-specific APIs. Device connectors and protocol adapters. Application security and management services. Note that most IoT … or historical. Pre-built AI/ML models for predictive maintenance, inventory optimization, energy …[Read More]
- Microsoft Translator adds Telugu as a supported language – Microsoft Translator is excited to announce the launch of Telugu, our latest AI-powered text translation language … education, financial services, government services, and many more.[Read More]
Looking for datasets for your next project? You are in luck because Google just launched Dataset Search. The name is self-explanatory. Go try it out.
Here are the latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates. Find the latest on AI, Azure Functions, IoT and more.
- Azure IoT Toolkit supports C#, Go, Java, Node.js, PHP, Python and Ruby to develop Azure IoT application in VS Code – With the latest release of Azure IoT Toolkit, lots of popular languages are supported to quickly create an Azure IoT application in VS Code: C#, Go, Java, Node.js, PHP, Python and Ruby! (Note: For C#, Java, Node.js and Python, it is based on Azure IoT Hub …[Read More]
- Two seconds to take a bite out of mobile bank fraud with Artificial Intelligence – Artificial Intelligence (AI) models have the potential to dramatically … Feature engineering to create customer and account profiles. Azure Machine Learning to create a fraud classification model. Azure PaaS services for real-time event processing …[Read More]
- Turn Whiteboard UX Sketches into Working HTML in Seconds – Introducing Sketch2Code – Introducing Sketch2Code – a web based solution that uses AI to transform a picture of a hand-drawn user … that coordinates the generation process by interacting with all the services. Azure Website: The user interface front-end that enables uploading …[Read More]
- Monitoring environmental conditions near underwater datacenters using Deep Learning – Because Project Natick operates like a standard land datacenter, the computers inside can be used for machine learning … use AI to accelerate digital transformation. An AOA enables organizations to map a business solution to the set of AI tools, services …[Read More]
- Bot Framework v4 with Luis – The Cognitive Services Language Understanding Intelligence Services (Luis … Luis uses a thing called a ‘Resolution’ to provide additional data with these kinds of complex entities so that you can resolve the actual values from the words the user said.[Read More]
- Peninsula Grammar amplifies learning impact by applying technology to evidence-backed pedagogy – Good practice trumps everything else – the science … in their learning from the way I was teaching them not the way I was using technology. But mix evidence-based pedagogy with technology then, wow – then it’s amplified. I collect data about …[Read More]
- Accelerating Artificial Intelligence (AI) in healthcare using Microsoft Azure blueprints – To be successful in using AI, healthcare needs solutions … Blueprints include resources such as example code, test data, security, and compliance support. These are packages that include reference architectures, guidance, how-to guides and other …[Read More]
- Extracting actionable insights from IoT data to drive more efficient manufacturing – What are the things we typically want to do with IoT data (once we collect it and store it)? In order of sophistication: With end actions ranging from sending a simple command to a machine, to tweaking operational parameters, to performing an action on …[Read More]
- Smart Solutions 7: Predictive analysis with Time Series, and intro to R for C/AL developers – Time Series is a topic on its own in machine learning, as it is one of the cleanest … Hopefully this post shows a simple way to get your Dynamics NAV data into another world: The world of Data Science. By bringing it over here you open up for an enormous …[Read More]
Azure Data Week is a virtual conference for all things Microsoft Azure and data science. It takes place October 8-12, 2018. It is not free, but the cost is low and you do not have to travel.
The latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates.
- Build Intelligent Web App with Machine Learning Service – In an earlier article: How to operationalize TensorFlow models in Microsoft Machine Learning Server, we showed how you can deploy a TensorFlow image classification model pre-trained using ImageNet as service in Machine Learning Server, and download a …[Read More]
- Measuring Model Goodness – Part 1 – Data and AI are transforming businesses worldwide from finance … actionable insights. This is where data science and machine learning come in. This entire process has been documented as the Team Data Science Process (TDSP) at Microsoft, captured in …[Read More]
- Driving industry transformation with Azure – Getting started – Edition 1 – Banking customers want more from their services … using AI and machine learning to detect patient risk and identify disease faster while maintaining privacy and protecting against fraud. IoT in manufacturing isn’t just about collecting data.[Read More]
- Speech Services August 2018 update – We are pleased to announce the release of another update to the Cognitive Services Speech SDK (version 0.6.0 … dev kits to significantly improve the audio quality of the audio data collected via the dev kits’ microphones, for high speech recognition …[Read More]
- Introducing yet another approach for iot compiler toolchains – iotz – iotz is an extension based containerized wrapper for other IoT compiler toolchains. There are many toolchains with specific needs and way of using. We developed this experimental tool to make compiling things easier. – cross compiling tools are mostly …[Read More]
- Design against crime & Microsoft Azure with Shiny – It is this app we will later learn how to deploy a shiny app onto Microsoft Azure services … including a review of data available via police.uk. We engaged with UCL to find a student from the Security and Crime Science course who could help us to …[Read More]
- Simplifying big data analytics architecture – manufacturing, retail education, nonprofit, government, healthcare, media, banking, telecommunication, insurance, and many more industries ranging in use cases from ETL to Data Warehousing, from Machine Learning to IoT, and more.[Read More]