Even with the coronavirus causing mass closures, there are still some big announcements in the cloud data science world. Google is starting to take enterprise AI seriously and Amazon is continuing to do interesting things. So, here is the news.
- Google introduces Cloud AI Platform Pipelines
Google Cloud now provides a way to deploy repeatable machine learning pipelines. This allows for monitoring, auditing, version tracking, and security. This is big for Google.
- Announcing Tensorflow Quantum
Google Announces an open source library for prototyping quantum machine learning models.
- Azure Functions now support Python 3.8
- Amazon Redshift now has Pause and Resume
Redshift, the data warehouse, now has the ability to pause compute during unused times. This saves on costs.
- Amazon Launches Bottlerocket
Bottlerocket is an open source operating system specifically for containers.