Lots of happenings this week. The Cloud Data Science world is keeping busy.
Also, the coronavirus is affecting many upcoming conferences, so just be aware of that.
- Honeywell has announced the development of the most powerful quantum computer in the world
They are partnering with Microsoft Azure so eventually it will be a part of Azure Quantum
- Google Cloud Speech to Text got many updates
It now supports 7 new languages, has better punctuation, understand whom is speaking, and more
- Google Cloud TPU pods are Generally Available
Google calls them custom-built AI super computers
- Azure CosmosDB has a free tier
This is a nice new feature. The service is awesome but used to be a bit spendy to try out.
- Azure HDInsight now supports Apache analytics projects
This announcement includes Spark, Hadoop, and Kafka. The frameworks in Azure will now have better security, performance, and monitoring.
- AWS DeepRacer 2020 Season is underway
This looks to be a fun project. I might have to join in the future.
- The first course in the Mastering Azure Machine Learning sequence has been released. It is titled, Building Your First Model with Azure Machine Learning.