Lots of announcements this week, so without delay, let’s get right to Cloud Data Science 9.
- Google Announces Cloud SQL for Microsoft SQL Server
Google’s Cloud SQL now supports SQL Server in addition to PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Google Opens a new Cloud Region
Located in Salt Lake City, Utah, it is named us-west3. They are promoting it as the Silicon Slopes region, so that is good news if you or your customers are near that location.
- Women in Data Science Livestream
This is a conference with a ton a great speakers. The livestream is free and available on the Data Science 101 blog. The event is Monday, March 2, 2020 at 9am PST.
- Azure Sphere for IoT security goes GA
This is a comprehensive security solution for IoT. It is now generally available (GA).
- Microsoft retires MCSA, MCSD, and MCSE certifications
Microsoft has gone to more role-based certifications, so these legacy certs are going away.
- Amazon Transcribe can now remove PII
Amazon Trascribe is a speech recognition service and it now provides the ability to automatically remove Personally Identifiable Information (PII). This is cool and helpful.
- AWS Deep Learning Containers Updated
They now have the latest versions of Tensorflow (1.15.2, 2.0.1, & 2.1.0), PyTorch 1.4.0, and MXNet 1.6.0
Thanks for reading the weekly news, and you can find previous editions on the Cloud Data Science News page.