Welcome to Cloud Data Science 5. There were not as many announcements as last week in Cloud Data Science 4, but quantity is not what is important. The first announcement is big! Let’s get started.
- The Pandas library goes 1.0
Yes, it had not been at version 1.0 yet. Version 1.0 does not bring any major architectural changes. It marks a commintment by the community and development team.
- Recent Announcements from Google BigQuery
Easier to analyze Parquet and ORC files, a new bucketize transformation, new partitioning options
- AWS Database export to S3
Data from Amazon RDS or Aurora databases can now be exported to Amazon S3 as a Parquet file.
- AWS Deep Learning Containers get some updates
The deep learning containers (Docker images for deep learning tasks) received some updates to ease integration with SageMaker and to add SageMaker Debugger.
- Train and Deploy models using notebooks and Kubernetes on Google Cloud
How to use Kubeflow and Google Kubernetes Engine to deploy machine learning
Courses / Learning
- Mastering Azure Machine Learning is coming soon – This course will cover how to use Azure Machine Learning to solve business problems. The first course in this series should be arriving in February 2020.
Thank you for reading the weekly news, and you can find previous editions on the Cloud Data Science News page.