Looking for a few academic data science papers to study? Here are a few I have found interesting. The are not all from the past 12 months, but I am including them anyhow.
- Cloud Programming Simplified: A Berkeley View on Serverless Computing (2019) – Serverless computing is very popular nowadays and this article covers some of the limitations.
- Playing Atari with Deep Reinforcement Learning (2013) – A bit older, but a classic in the reinforcement learning literature
- Model Evaluation, Model Selection, and Algorithm Selection in Machine Learning (2018) – title sums it up
- Borg, Omega, and Kubernetes (2016) – Kubernetes is widely used and this is one of the early papers
- Integer Multiplication in O(n log n) (2019) – Not entirely data science, but important for computation
- Machine Learning at Microsoft with ML.Net (2019)– An intro to ML.Net which is a framework for easily shipping machine learning models in large software applications.