The University of California at Berkeley is offering its very popular undergraduate data science course, Foundations of Data Science: Computational Thinking with Python, online via EdX. The course can be taken for free and it starts Monday April, 2 , 2018.
This course is actually part of a larger certificate program, Foundations of Data Science. You must pay to receive the certificate.
Here are the latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates. Some of the topics this week: Azure ML, AI Research, Intelligent Cloud, and Anomaly Detection.
- What is Azure Machine Learning Studio? – Machine Learning Studio is where data science, predictive analytics … Click Gallery and you’ll be taken to the Azure AI Gallery. The Gallery is a place where a community of data scientists and developers share solutions created using components of …[Read More]
- Four Big Bets For Better AI Research: A Personal Journey – While mining those forums, I discovered a clear problem: people want to write scripts for transforming a column of data, but they don’t know how … heuristics that are today manually programmed in AI systems (and not just our program synthesizers).[Read More]
- Training Many Anomaly Detection Models using Azure Batch AI – This post is authored by Said Bleik, Senior Data Scientist at Microsoft. In the IoT world, it’s not uncommon that you’d want to monitor thousands of devices across different sites to ensure normal behavior. Devices can be as small as microcontrollers …[Read More]
- Satya Nadella email to employees: Embracing our future: Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge – First, computing is more powerful and ubiquitous from the cloud to the edge. Second, AI capabilities are rapidly advancing across perception and cognition fueled by data and knowledge of the world. Third, physical and virtual worlds are coming together to …[Read More]
- Windows 10 RS4 Preview for HoloLens and ONNX offline Machine Learning – Yesterday we released the Windows 10 RS4 preview to HoloLens so this now allows Data scientists and developers creating AI models will be able to deploy their innovations to this large user base. From an academic perspective I have lots of HoloLens …[Read More]
- Dynatrace Managed Instance now available for Azure Government – Built with AI technology, Dynatrace provides full stack, all-in-one monitoring and operations analytics for the public sector at massive scale, in the largest government environments. Dynatrace utilizes artificial intelligence to understand the …[Read More]
- Want to sell Azure but don’t know where to start? – It’s the most trusted, open, and flexible cloud platform. Whether it’s for cloud app development, cloud and infrastructure, data and AI, or security, you’ll be able to give your customers an Azure package that works for them. But with such a broad range of …[Read More]
- Why a developer should build a solution with microservices – Isolated Data & State. As you move ahead you will see how this is done. Meanwhile let’s see what are the advantages you derive out of these. You will analyze the advantages from the perspective of the team involved in the actual development of the code and …[Read More]
- PowerPivot for SharePoint 2016 – Error when trying to schedule a data refresh: “Sorry, something went wrong.” – The SharePoint ULS logs might show the following error: UserProfileDBCache_WCFLogging :: ProfileDBCacheServiceClient.GetUserData threw exception: Access is denied. This can occur when the account running the PowerPivot System Service in SharePoint …[Read More]
- 3 intelligent manufacturing IoT trends to watch out for at HMI 2018 – 1: Enhancing productivity through connected IoT infrastructures Manufacturing technologies—aided by advances in machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI), digitization … secure standards such as OPC UA, data related to real-time manufacturing …[Read More]
I have been getting this question a lot lately, so I recorded my current answer. If you are interested in more videos like this, please subscribe to the Youtube Channel, Learn Data Science.
Got a question you would like answered? Let me know in the comments.
Apache Spark, Databricks, Neural Networks, University Partnerships, and water systems: Here are the latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates.
- Training State-of-the-Art Neural Networks in the Microsoft Azure Cloud – I noticed that you said tested all of the code for your new deep learning book on the Microsoft Data Science Virtual Machine (DSVM). Does that include the chapters on training networks on the ImageNet dataset as well? I work at a university and we’re …[Read More]
- Azure Databricks, industry-leading analytics platform powered by Apache Spark™ – These capabilities have enabled companies such as renewables.AI to boost the productivity of their data science teams by over 50 percent. “Instead of one data scientist writing AI code and being the only person who understands it, everybody uses Azure …[Read More]
- Creating technology for a range of disabilities helps everyone, says Microsoft accessibility expert – “There have been massive advancements in AI over the past few years, fuelled by the rise of big data, created by the devices in our pockets and at home, and stored by the cloud. Microsoft is infusing AI into its products, but we also have AI platforms …[Read More]
- New digital skills university planned for Milton Keynes – Chancellor Philip Hammond used last year’s Budget to announce more money for AI and triple the number of trained computer science teachers, while Microsoft has launched a digital skills programme that aims to ensure the country remains one of the global …[Read More]
- Microsoft and Tsinghua University Work Together on Open Academic Data Research – The construction of the billion-scale OAG is challenging, because of the heterogeneous distribution of academic data that exists in the different … Students from Peking University, University of Science and Technology of China, and Harbin Institute …[Read More]
- Together, AI and nature are protecting Earth’s water systems for the future – This is exactly the kind of gap we’re intent on solving through AI … Science, we’ve deployed an Internet of Things (IoT)-based network of sensors in the IISc campus to efficiently monitor the flow of water from source to consumption. With these new …[Read More]
Once again, The Data Incubator is hosting a free monthly webinar. In April, the event features, Matei Zaharia, Ph.D. Matei is the creator of Spark, Co-founder of DataBricks, and an Assistant Professor at Stanford. Join the webinar to learn about Matei’s latest project, Stanford DAWN.
The webinar is:
Tue, April 3, 2018 at 5:30 PM EDT
Here are the latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates.
- Microsoft reaches a historic milestone, using AI to match human performance in translating news from Chinese to English – “Given the best-case situation as far as data and availability of resources goes … they’ve recently achieved substantial breakthroughs by using a method of training AI systems called deep neural networks. That has allowed them to create more fluent …[Read More]
- Pixel-Level Land Cover Classification Using the Geo AI Data Science Virtual Machine and Batch AI – This post was authored by Mary Wahl, Kolya Malkin, Siyu Yang, Patrick Flickinger, Wee Hyong Tok, Lucas Joppa, and Nebojsa Jojic, representing the Microsoft Research and AI for Earth teams. The Chesapeake Conservancy is a non-profit organization charged …[Read More]
- Demystifying Docker for Data Scientists – A Docker Tutorial for Your Deep Learning Projects – If you too are wondering what the fuss is all about, or how to leverage Docker in your data science work (especially for deep learning … containers and create custom Docker images for your AI workloads. As a data scientist, I find Docker containers …[Read More]
- How Three Lines of Code and Windows Machine Learning Empower .NET Developers to Run AI Locally on Windows 10 Devices – The applications that can benefit from the power of AI are endless. With the Windows Machine Learning (Windows ML) API, as .NET developers, we can now leverage the ONNX models that have been trained by data scientists and use them to develop intelligent …[Read More]
- Microsoft and MIP Politecnico di Milano’s new digital AI platform is the ultimate career-path mentor – A revolutionary new platform FLEXA is a new digital platform powered by Microsoft Azure and AI which offers various services that help facilitate personalised, continuous learning. Designed to help users sift through huge amount of information and content …[Read More]
- Join us March 21: Intersection of AI and Analytics in Government – Integral to leveraging the power of AI is data which floods many agencies yet is often underutilized or even locked up due to lack of resources, knowledge of tools, and compliance. Fortunately, cloud-based analytics capabilities allow these datasets to be …[Read More]
- Developers drive innovation with bot technology – This is the power of bot technology powered through Artificial Intelligence (AI). Bots are driving a new course of digital interaction. This sophisticated technology is bringing webpages to life to answer user questions, moderate content, and make …[Read More]