DJ Patil and Josh Elman, both of Greylock Partners, give an insightful talk at LeWeb London 2012. The most important part was the introduction of the Data Scientific Method.
Data Scientific Method
- Start with a Question
- Leverage your current data
- Create features and run tests
- Analyze the results and draw insights
- Let the data frame a conversation
Hans Rosling does it again. Hans may be the best storyteller of data on earth. He has a real gift of turning data into an exciting story. He also asks great questions and has some good wit. The whole goal of this TedTalk is to answer the following question.
Do women of certain religions have more babies?
A nice, short, 2 minute video from edCetra Training with some good facts about big data and data analysis.
- The digital universe is 10 times the size it was in 2006
- Greater literacy and cloud computing are helping fuel big data
- 80% of companies data is unstructured – difficult to analyze
- Employees spend 2 hours per day searching for the right information