If you are a former software engineer looking to gain some data science skills, here are a list of podcasts that will most likely interest you.
Software Engineering Daily
A nice podcast which just ran a series of podcasts about data science.
- Data Science Overview with Yad Faeq
- Applied Data Science with Edwin Chen
- Kaggle with Ben Hamner
- Teaching Data Science with Vik Paruchuri
- Bridging Data Science and Engineering with Greg Lamp from Yhat
- Replacing Hadoop with Joe Doliner
- Data and Mental Health with Daniel Tunkelang
Software Engineering Radio
Great software engineering podcast, here are a couple of topics related to data science.
- Episode 222: Nathan Marz on Real-Time Processing with Apache Storm
- Episode 219: Apache Kafka with Jun Rao
Enjoy some listening while you are on the train, plane, bus or car.