Here are the latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates. This week includes IoT hubs, Time Series Insights, Deep Learning Virtual Machine, Python sample code for cognitive services, and more.
Here are the latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates.
- Partners make industrial IoT factories more capable than ever at Hannover Messe 2018 – For example, ABB has placed a tremendous bet on our Azure cloud. Its intelligent factory in Heidelberg, Germany, has integrated artificial intelligence (AI) and IIoT technology into its robots to self-learn and self-correct. For instance, the various …[Read More]
- Deploying Deep Learning Models on Kubernetes with GPUs – This post is authored by Mathew Salvaris and Fidan Boylu Uz, Senior Data Scientists at Microsoft. One of the major challenges that data scientists often face is closing the gap between training a deep learning model and deploying it at production scale.[Read More]
- Cloud computing and AI help The Nature Conservancy dive deeper into conservation – “Thanks to our work with Microsoft, we have the incredible opportunity to leverage technology to link science to actionable planning … with the technology—cloud-based computing, AI, machine learning, data visualization—now at their fingertips.[Read More]
- Advancing ocean research through data and technology – Seven months ago, we announced the launch of the AI for Earth EU Oceans award … Meanwhile in France, our second grantee IMT Atlantique is developing data-driven and learning-based schemes for the modelling, analysis and reconstruction of ocean atmosphere …[Read More]
- Inside the Microsoft Garage: Ink to Code – “We’re always looking for ways to innovate and had some ideas about trying to use AI to enhance our current designer projects in Visual Studio,” explained Corrado. “We kicked around some ideas and somebody mentioned “what about an ink-based …[Read More]
- Illinois Universities: Driving Innovation Forward – Matt Bragg is Program Manager for Data and Policy at the Illinois Science & Technology Coalition (ISTC). Matt is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Illinois Innovation Index – the ISTC’s quarterly data publication tracking and …[Read More]
- Celebrating Innovation Day and the Imagine Cup Finals in Japan – Use AI to optimize the feeding for fish farmers … Team Emergensor (The University of Tokyo) Detect emergencies from smartphone data to alert nearby citizens and improve response time, reducing accidents. The technical level of all 10 team solutions …[Read More]
Here are the latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates. This week, it covers: new AI training, IoT investments, learning for the deaf with AI, Cosmos DB, Project Roadrunner, and more.
- Aiming to fill skill gaps in AI, Microsoft makes training courses available to the public – The program provides job-ready skills and real-world experience to engineers and others who are looking to improve their skills in AI and data science through a series of online courses that feature hands-on labs and expert instructors. The program is part …[Read More]
- Microsoft will invest $5 billion in IoT. Here’s why. – We’re also getting a look into how both customers and partners overcome the specific challenges of building an IoT solution that harnesses massive amounts of data. Whether they … machine learning, AI, security and privacy. We are committed to helping …[Read More]
- AI technology helps students who are deaf learn – The AI in the Custom Speech Service uses this data to build models for how domain-specific words are pronounced. When a speaker then uses the words, the system recognizes them and displays the text in the real-time transcript. Chris Campbell is an NTID …[Read More]
- A new IP strategy for a new era of shared innovation – This AI-powered system guides surgeons during operations and sends … the statistical programming language used by data science experts around the world. Over 40 percent of the virtual machines running on Azure today use Linux. Some of our existing …[Read More]
- Inventory Optimization Solution in the Azure AI Gallery – This post is co-authored by Dmitry Pechyoni, Senior Data Scientist, Hong Lu and Chenhui Hu … We recently published a cloud-based inventory optimization solution for retail in the Azure AI Gallery. We designed this solution to be flexible, scalable …[Read More]
- Azure Cosmos DB – You can use a spark connector to do Machine Learning and Data Science in Spark using the Spark connector for … and all developers need to focus is on their application logic. Join our Data & AI Partner community call on April 6, where we’ll be …[Read More]
- Like a phone call: XiaoIce, Microsoft’s social chatbot in China, makes breakthrough in natural conversation – Now, Microsoft believes it has created the first technological breakthrough that can allow people to have a conversation with an AI-powered chatbot that is more like that natural experience a person might have when talking on the phone to a friend.[Read More]
- Run your Python script on demand with Azure Container Instances and Azure Logic Apps – An increasing focus has been placed recently on the data science process; a methodology to govern the enterprise-scale effort that goes into the development, deployment and maintenance of data analytics. Data scientists have not been lacking in terms of …[Read More]
- Project Road Runner uses photo-realistic simulation and deep learning to train autonomous driving algorithms – Project Road Runner hopes to make that task more manageable and accessible to the autonomous driving industry, developers, and researchers, by gathering data and training AI through real-world simulation. Simulation provides a means to collect extensive …[Read More]
Want to learn about data science and the Internet of Things (IoT)? Futuretext is about to start Data Science for Internet of Things. It is a course aimed at people looking to learn the topics and transition into IoT and data science careers. Here are some quick highlights about the course.
- Starts Mid March 2016 and lasts through December 2016
- Personalized Course
- Available Online
Below is a list of topics.
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Data Science for IoT methodology
- Deep Learning
Do check out Data Science for Internet of Things for more details.