Here are the latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates. Some of the topics this week: Azure ML, AI Research, Intelligent Cloud, and Anomaly Detection.
– What is Azure Machine Learning Studio? Machine Learning Studio is where data science, predictive analytics … Click Gallery and you’ll be taken to the Azure AI Gallery. The Gallery is a place where a community of data scientists and developers share solutions created using components of …[ ] Read More
– Four Big Bets For Better AI Research: A Personal Journey While mining those forums, I discovered a clear problem: people want to write scripts for transforming a column of data, but they don’t know how … heuristics that are today manually programmed in AI systems (and not just our program synthesizers).[ ] Read More
– Training Many Anomaly Detection Models using Azure Batch AI This post is authored by Said Bleik, Senior Data Scientist at Microsoft. In the IoT world, it’s not uncommon that you’d want to monitor thousands of devices across different sites to ensure normal behavior. Devices can be as small as microcontrollers …[ ] Read More
– Satya Nadella email to employees: Embracing our future: Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge First, computing is more powerful and ubiquitous from the cloud to the edge. Second, AI capabilities are rapidly advancing across perception and cognition fueled by data and knowledge of the world. Third, physical and virtual worlds are coming together to …[ ] Read More
– Windows 10 RS4 Preview for HoloLens and ONNX offline Machine Learning Yesterday we released the Windows 10 RS4 preview to HoloLens so this now allows Data scientists and developers creating AI models will be able to deploy their innovations to this large user base. From an academic perspective I have lots of HoloLens …[ ] Read More
– Dynatrace Managed Instance now available for Azure Government Built with AI technology, Dynatrace provides full stack, all-in-one monitoring and operations analytics for the public sector at massive scale, in the largest government environments. Dynatrace utilizes artificial intelligence to understand the …[ ] Read More
– Want to sell Azure but don’t know where to start? It’s the most trusted, open, and flexible cloud platform. Whether it’s for cloud app development, cloud and infrastructure, data and AI, or security, you’ll be able to give your customers an Azure package that works for them. But with such a broad range of …[ ] Read More
– Why a developer should build a solution with microservices Isolated Data & State. As you move ahead you will see how this is done. Meanwhile let’s see what are the advantages you derive out of these. You will analyze the advantages from the perspective of the team involved in the actual development of the code and …[ ] Read More
– PowerPivot for SharePoint 2016 – Error when trying to schedule a data refresh: “Sorry, something went wrong.” The SharePoint ULS logs might show the following error: UserProfileDBCache_WCFLogging :: ProfileDBCacheServiceClient.GetUserData threw exception: Access is denied. This can occur when the account running the PowerPivot System Service in SharePoint …[ ] Read More
– 3 intelligent manufacturing IoT trends to watch out for at HMI 2018 1: Enhancing productivity through connected IoT infrastructures Manufacturing technologies—aided by advances in machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI), digitization … secure standards such as OPC UA, data related to real-time manufacturing …[ ] Read More
I have been getting this question a lot lately, so I recorded my current answer. If you are interested in more videos like this, please subscribe to the Youtube Channel,
Learn Data Science.
Got a question you would like answered? Let me know in the comments.
Apache Spark, Databricks, Neural Networks, University Partnerships, and water systems: Here are the latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates.
– Training State-of-the-Art Neural Networks in the Microsoft Azure Cloud I noticed that you said tested all of the code for your new deep learning book on the Microsoft Data Science Virtual Machine (DSVM). Does that include the chapters on training networks on the ImageNet dataset as well? I work at a university and we’re …[ ] Read More
– Azure Databricks, industry-leading analytics platform powered by Apache Spark™ These capabilities have enabled companies such as renewables.AI to boost the productivity of their data science teams by over 50 percent. “Instead of one data scientist writing AI code and being the only person who understands it, everybody uses Azure …[ ] Read More
– Creating technology for a range of disabilities helps everyone, says Microsoft accessibility expert “There have been massive advancements in AI over the past few years, fuelled by the rise of big data, created by the devices in our pockets and at home, and stored by the cloud. Microsoft is infusing AI into its products, but we also have AI platforms …[ ] Read More
– New digital skills university planned for Milton Keynes Chancellor Philip Hammond used last year’s Budget to announce more money for AI and triple the number of trained computer science teachers, while Microsoft has launched a digital skills programme that aims to ensure the country remains one of the global …[ ] Read More
– Microsoft and Tsinghua University Work Together on Open Academic Data Research The construction of the billion-scale OAG is challenging, because of the heterogeneous distribution of academic data that exists in the different … Students from Peking University, University of Science and Technology of China, and Harbin Institute …[ ] Read More
– Together, AI and nature are protecting Earth’s water systems for the future This is exactly the kind of gap we’re intent on solving through AI … Science, we’ve deployed an Internet of Things (IoT)-based network of sensors in the IISc campus to efficiently monitor the flow of water from source to consumption. With these new …[ ] Read More
Here are the latest articles from Microsoft regarding cloud data science products and updates.
– Microsoft reaches a historic milestone, using AI to match human performance in translating news from Chinese to English “Given the best-case situation as far as data and availability of resources goes … they’ve recently achieved substantial breakthroughs by using a method of training AI systems called deep neural networks. That has allowed them to create more fluent …[ ] Read More
– Pixel-Level Land Cover Classification Using the Geo AI Data Science Virtual Machine and Batch AI This post was authored by Mary Wahl, Kolya Malkin, Siyu Yang, Patrick Flickinger, Wee Hyong Tok, Lucas Joppa, and Nebojsa Jojic, representing the Microsoft Research and AI for Earth teams. The Chesapeake Conservancy is a non-profit organization charged …[ ] Read More
– Demystifying Docker for Data Scientists – A Docker Tutorial for Your Deep Learning Projects If you too are wondering what the fuss is all about, or how to leverage Docker in your data science work (especially for deep learning … containers and create custom Docker images for your AI workloads. As a data scientist, I find Docker containers …[ ] Read More
– How Three Lines of Code and Windows Machine Learning Empower .NET Developers to Run AI Locally on Windows 10 Devices The applications that can benefit from the power of AI are endless. With the Windows Machine Learning (Windows ML) API, as .NET developers, we can now leverage the ONNX models that have been trained by data scientists and use them to develop intelligent …[ ] Read More
– Microsoft and MIP Politecnico di Milano’s new digital AI platform is the ultimate career-path mentor A revolutionary new platform FLEXA is a new digital platform powered by Microsoft Azure and AI which offers various services that help facilitate personalised, continuous learning. Designed to help users sift through huge amount of information and content …[ ] Read More
– Join us March 21: Intersection of AI and Analytics in Government Integral to leveraging the power of AI is data which floods many agencies yet is often underutilized or even locked up due to lack of resources, knowledge of tools, and compliance. Fortunately, cloud-based analytics capabilities allow these datasets to be …[ ] Read More
– Developers drive innovation with bot technology This is the power of bot technology powered through Artificial Intelligence (AI). Bots are driving a new course of digital interaction. This sophisticated technology is bringing webpages to life to answer user questions, moderate content, and make …[ ] Read More
A group of data-minded people have put together a manifesto for data practices. It is available on the
website. It lists ethics, values, and principles for effective data teamwork. Data Practices
You are invited to read and sign if you agree.
Here is the weekly news around the Microsoft cloud data science products.
– AI Platform for Windows Developers With the update, developers can use the AI platform across the Windows device family, including IoT edge devices, HoloLens, 2-in-1s and desktop PCs, workstations, servers and in data centers. “We’re excited to work with Microsoft on Windows ML as a …[ ] Read More
– Using Microsoft AI to Build a Lung-Disease Prediction Model Using Chest X-Ray Images This blog post is co-authored by Xiaoyong Zhu, George Iordanescu and Ilia Karmanov, Data Scientists at Microsoft, and Mazen Zawaideh, Radiologist Resident at the University of Washington Medical Center. Introduction Artificial Intelligence (AI) has emerged …[ ] Read More
– Microsoft and Esri launch Geospatial AI on Azure ArcGIS Pro is installed in a Data Science Virtual Machine (DSVM) image from Microsoft. The DSVM is a popular experimentation and modeling environment on Azure that provides a host of AI, machine learning and data science tools. These are all conveniently …[ ] Read More
– Ignia’s Smart Campus in action with University of Western Australia Thanks to the new solution, capturing data from the first interaction a prospective student has with UWA’s digital channels, a platform is in place which can be easily extended and combined with AI and machine learning to predict trends around whether a …[ ] Read More
– Making precision medicine possible with genomics in healthcare This data enables providers to overcome one-size-fits-all healthcare … Join Microsoft and our partners from around the world at HIMSS18 for real world insight into how the cloud and AI health are already revolutionizing care. These alerts empower …[ ] Read More
– Measuring innovation value in the digital era For more information, please visit: Microsoft Digital Advisory Services. Explore how AI-powered insurance will disrupt the way insurers engage with their customers and how they will begin to combat fraud. Join me in discovering how Digital Transformation …[ ] Read More
– ONNX Models to be Runnable Natively on 100s of Millions of Windows Devices This post was authored by Eric Boyd, CVP, AI Data & Infrastructure. Today Microsoft is announcing the next major update to Windows will include the ability to run Open Neural Network Exchange (ONNX) models natively with hardware acceleration. This brings …[ ] Read More
Kaggle, the online data science competition platform, will be hosting a free online conference for people interested in landing their first data science job.
on March 20, 2018. There are a bunch of great speakers lined up, and all the talks are focused on preparing someone to get a data science job (resume tips, interview questions, portfolio examples, …). Kaggle CareerCon 2018
As a college or university student, it can be difficult to stand out when looking for your first data science job. Here is a suggestion. Build a project you can share with prospective employers.
If you like this video, subscribe to the YouTube channel,
Learn Data Science, for more videos like this.
Reinforcement Learning deals with actions and rewards (positive or negative). The rewards help to dictate the future actions.
Many children learn via reinforcement learning. Here is a simple example from my childhood. As a child, I was told not to touch the hot stove.
My action: I touched the door of the hot stove when it was open.
My reward (negative): I burned my hand, and it hurt.
My future actions resulted in me staying away from the hot stove.
This was a very simplified example of reinforcement learning. Here are two more great introductory references:
Simple Beginner’s guide to Reinforcement Learning
Deep Learning Research Review: Reinforcement Learning