After launching Listudy a couple days ago, I have 2 days worth of Google Analytics to show. I do not know exactly how to interpret these numbers, but I will do my best to provide some insights below.
- 5884 pageviews – That number is not huge, so the site did not explode and go viral. However, the site did get viewed.
- Almost 1000 unique visitors – sounds good
- 4.58 pages per visit – so people clicked around, I thought this was pretty good considering the minimal functionality of the site.
- 4 minutes 13 seconds average time on site – I was most impressed with this number, or maybe the site is just that slow.
- I launched 9 months too late – I essentially had this version of the site built 9 months ago, but I kept thinking it was the wrong idea or people wouldn’t like it or I should build something else. Yes, the site is no where near finished, but it is at least a Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Here is the question I was hoping to answer with an MVP. Do people care to see a list of links on a highly specific topic? I am not sure if I have enough data to answer this question yet, but I am leaning towards yes.
Why share these numbers? Why not and how many people share these numbers unless the site was a huge success? I have not launched enough websites to know how these numbers compare to other sites, but I am also not sure how launch day traffic correlates to eventual website success. Maybe I need to launch a bunch more websites so I can perform some data science on website launch data.