The inaugural issue of Big Data was published a few weeks ago. The journal is excellent. The articles are relevant, readable, and free. In the first issue, most of the articles were not super technical (meaning there was not a lot of equations or algorithms). I would like to highlight just 5 of the articles (feel free to read the others as well).
- Making Sense of Big Data – A nice brief discussion of the term big data and some goals for the journal.
- Big Data For Development – This is an introduction to United Nations Global Pulse, an initiative to use data to better understand human well-being.
- Broad Data: Exploring the Emerging Web of Data – This article is all about dealing with the explosion of open data becoming available.
- Data Science and Its Relationship to Big Data and Data-Driven Decision Making – The title is pretty self-explanatory. The article points out 7 fundamental concepts of data science.
- Educating the Next Generation of Data Scientists – This is a roundtable discussion all about data science and data science education.